Sunday, December 9, 2007

...and Going and Going and ....

It's 2:30 in the morning and I have been looking for the location of Henry's OFF switch or his battery compartment without any luck. I'm not sure where his stamina is coming from. He's acting like he just woke up. He's asking to eat and to play. He requests my attention frequently and engages the nurses in playful conversation. He's not unpleasant but he's not sleepy either. I wish I had this kind of endurance in college. It would have come in handy for test preparation...

After another very active day, last evening (as in 4 hours ago) Henry began his Etoposide and Cyclophosphamide. These each take approximately one hour to administer followed by the nurse flushing the IV. He is now receiving his Mesna, chemical to counter the effects of Cyclophosphomide which can cause bladder inflammation and lead to hemorrhaging.

Well - believe it or not, as I'm writing this he's quiet and now sleeping. I had tried from about 8-10 to put him to sleep and then gave up. He's been up and active since then. Perhaps I should have written earlier!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Henry,
I hear you were full of energy last night. Good for you! I loved the picture of your gingerbread house and the silly clowns that came to visit you. I hope you are doing well and I hope you get to come home soon!

Love,
Shanda